8. Is it important to have a degree?
*I chose this questin, Q.8, because no one chose it.
Yes, it is. That's why I think one degree is a kind of one's efforts.
For example, all we, GSE classmates, have the Eiken 2nd grade or more.
At least, I remember that I studied hard to get the degree because I wanted to take an enterance exam of GSE major. Yes! this major :]♪
I know my case is very little thing, but I got so happy feeling & a sense of achievement when I passed it.
Of course, I don't have such a prejudice that only a degree controls our life, but I think it can be a tool of something, one's confidence, & one of the individuality. Because there are various kinds of degrees. So I think that we cannot judge others from only one's appearance, but still I need much time to know the each person's personality. In other words, it is the first shortcut to know what one's efforts & interests. Don't you think so, too?
At last, I think that a degree is similar to a competition, a game or a match. If I can win of them, I'll be so happy & be proud of myelf. On the contrary, if I cannot win of them, I'll be so unhappy & regrettable but a motivation springs out from then soon! "I would be able to win of them next time with more & more efforts!!!"
Well, I think this question is very difficult, however, degrees & actions or efforts to get them is never be useless. So I would like to challenge to get degrees as possible as I can☆7
I'm really pleased you chose this question as it hadn't been picked by anyone else.
返信削除I think connecting the word degree with "sense of achievement" and "motivation" is very important.
For everyone:
Some people go to universities to get a degree when they are a little (or a lot) older then the traditional 18~22 age. In Britain they are called mature students. They are often very motivated compared with younger students. Why do you think that is so?
I sympathize Shoko's opinion "I don't have such a prejudice that only a dgree controls our life" but I disagree that "It is the first shortcut to know what one's interests". Because some people maybe JUST major in one department or be at a loss what department they want to choose.
返信削除About for every one's question.I think mature students have their own strong purpose to be come true their dream. My friend,she is maybe older than my grandmother but she entered again to learn child education. She told me her strong purpose and I felt "She has a huge experiences so she learned in her life what was her true want to do things."