4. When you are old and frail, would you want to live with your family or in a nursing home?
In my case, it is better to live with people who are in a similar situation or same generation in a nursing home, than to live with my childen and their families against their will. Actually,I have each 2 grandparents, the mother's side and the father's one. They all are over 70 years old. However, they have very different characters, for example, my mother's ones are courteous and have a good sense of humor, so they get along well with their neighbors and us, family but say that they will go to a nursing home some day because they don't want to give us troubles. By contrast, my father's ones are aggressive and have spiteful tongue anyone and everyone, so they can't get alog with even their children. I know their good points and appreciate for their support or help from my childhood, however, if I were their children, I will hesitate to live together in same home.
I think, I wish we all, including old people and babies, could live and help each other happily. However, the reality is different from an ideal. So if anyone couldn't live with their old parents, there are any reasons and is no help for them. Instead of not to live togeher, they should help promote a nation's welfare or make a comfortable situation or place not only for youngers but also for old people. I think this issue includes deep and complicated problems.
Your opinion is so quite right in saying so and I also think, living with all generation people is the best thing and they can help each other. But as you said, reallity is not so easy so we have to take action not only think about solutions. That was the very thing neighborhood association system. In the past time, Japanese helped each other in neighborhood association even other family's children and old people. Maybe we should looking back to past time Japan society.
返信削除Thank you for your comment, Arisa.
削除I agree with your opinion. Now, we must take care of our social relationship very much like the good old days in Japan. And I think that not only we youngers but also old people have to receive each side's values and opinions. Well, I'm sure that we can think, "Though we were happy or good in old days・・・", however, we have to accept 'now' from 'old days' separately. We have a lot of issues.